News bit 9
1000th scientific publication: Geistlich celebrated at the EAO
There are now no fewer than 1000 scientific publications involving Biomaterials from Geistlich1. One reason to say a thank you at the EAO Stockholm!
At the EAO Stockholm, from 24 to 26 September 2015, Geistlich Biomaterials celebrated the 1000th scientific publication with their products1 – a major event for a company which attaches great importance to science and research.
So the 1000th scientific publication was commended during the Geistlich symposium on Thursday morning. What is more, symbolic prizes were awarded for various particularly outstanding studies.
“And the winner isâ€¦”
- The prize for the 1000th study itself2 – focusing on sinus floor elevation – was awarded to Prof. Friedrich Neukam, Germany on behalf of the whole team of authors.
- A group from the university of Milan was honoured for its 17-year follow-up to a case of peri-implantitis3. Dr. Pier Paolo Poli received the prize.
- Switzerland is home to the randomised clinical study with the longest follow-up (12-14 years)4. The accolade went to Prof. Christoph HÃ¤mmerle and Prof. Ronald Jung.
- Professors Jan Lindhe and Tord Berglundh, Sweden, were jointly awarded the prize for having written the most-quoted study involving Geistlich Biomaterials5.
More prizes will follow in 2016 – the anniversary year of Geistlich Bio-OssÂ® and Geistlich Bio-GideÂ®. Geistlich donates 1000 Swiss francs to the organization Doctors of the World for every study honoured.
A special thank you to our customers
Mario Mucha, Geistlich COO, also extended his gratitude at the EAO to those who use Geistlich products in their daily work. To date, more than 10 million patients have been treated with biomaterials from Geistlich6.
- 1000 scientific publications in PubMed (search keywords: Bio-Oss OR Bio-Gide OR Mucograft)
- Lutz R, Berger-Fink S, Stockmann P, Neukam FW, Schlegel KA: Sinus floor augmentation with autogenous bone vs. a bovine-derived xenograft – a 5-year retrospective study. Clin Oral Implants Res 2015; 26(6): 644-48.
- Bassi F, Poli PP, Rancitelli D, Signorino F, Maiorana C: Surgical Treatment of Peri-Implantitis: A 17-Year Follow-Up Clinical Case Report. Case Rep Dent 2015; 2015:574676. Epub 2015 May 12.
- Jung RE, Fenner N, HÃ¤mmerle CH, Zitzmann NU: Long-term outcome of implants placed with guided bone regeneration (GBR) using resorbable and non-resorbable membranes after 12-14 years. Clin Oral Implants Res 2013; 24(10): 1065-73.
- Berglundh T, Lindhe J: Healing around implants placed in bone defects treated with Bio-Oss. An experimental study in the dog. Clin Oral Implants Res 1997; 8(2): 117-24.
- Based on number of product units sold.